- Name DR. JAGDISH PRASAD MATHUR
- Father's Name Late Sh. Mahaveer Prasad Mathur
- Birth Place Sherkot, District : Bijnor (U.P.)
- Organizational Responsibilities
He became Syamsevak of Rashtriya Syamsevak Sangh (RSS) in 1942.
In 1945 he became the RSS Pracharak
- Bharatiya Jana Sangh He became member of Bharatiya Jan Sangh in 1952 Became the Divisional Organising Secretary in Bareilly. Office Secretary of the Central Office National Secretary
- Janata Party Permanent Invitee to National Executive
- Bharatiya Janata Party National Secretary
Incharge of the party affairs in North Eastern States, Bihar, Jammu and Kashmir and Rajasthan
He was the Deputy Leader of BJP Parliamentary Party in the Rajya Sabha in 1993. He left an indelible mark as a Parliamentarian. He was elected to the Rajya Sabha in April, 1978 and again in April, 1990. He was the Chief Whip in 1990.
- Participation in Mass movements A social and political worker Shri Mathur participated in "Quit India" Movement in 1942. He also participated in the Kashmir Movement in 1953 which was led by Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee.
When Emergency was imposed in the country he worked under-ground from June, 1975 to March, 1977. He handled foreign publicity and carried a prize over his head by the Delhi Police for arrest.
- Other Achievements He travelled to countries like United States of America, Britain, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore to perform his Parliamentary duties. He went to China with Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 2003. He received the Honorary Doctorate Degree from the Merrut University
Dr. Jagdish Prasad Mathur lived a disciplined life and served the country till his death. He was devoted to the nationalist cause. He dedicated his entire life in service to the nation and the party.
He is an irreparable loss to BJP. Often we see that politicians are influenced by the media but his relations with the media were so cordial that even the media celebrated his birthday with him.